The 21st Annual Port Cares Dinner and Auction is a chance for community members to support something bigger than a one-day event. Together, our efforts will help those in our community with social and economic needs improve their quality of life.
“The effect of poverty and low income on local families remains persistent in our community. We continue to see more and more families come to the Reach Out Centre food bank who once they pay their rent and utilities have little left for food for their children. We rely solely on fundraising and donations to run the food bank, crisis services, meal program and other vital services up and running at the Reach Out Centre which assists approximately 1,300 local residents – a third of which are children. The Annual Port Cares Dinner and Auction is our major fundraising event for the year and every penny raised goes directly to support the Reach Out Centre. Our goal is to raise $57,000 at the event through our silent auction, live auction, ticket sales and sponsorship,” says Christine Clark Lafleur, Executive Director of Port Cares.
“We’re asking local businesses, artisans, corporations and community members if they can do so to provide a donations of items and or services for the silent and live auction. All proceeds from the silent and live auction will help keep the doors of the Reach Out Centre open for local families in need. We are truly humbled by the support and we welcome any new or potential donors to contact Port Cares in person, by telephone or through social media” says Christine.
WHAT: Port Cares 21st Annual Dinner and Auction to support children, families and individuals in your community who rely on the Port Cares Reach Out Centre food bank, meal program and poverty relief services
WHERE: Italian Canadian Cultural Centre (223 Bell Street, Port Colborne)
WHEN: Thursday, November 21st. Reception at 6:00PM, Dinner served at 7:30PM
- The event expects to host 300 members of the community
- Tickets are $80 and can be purchased at Port Cares (92 Charlotte St.) or by phone (905-834-3629 x 245)
- Tickets include a three-course meal and a $40 charitable donation receipt
- This year’s theme is Are you a little bit country, or a little bit rock n’ roll?
- Items up for auction include: Meridian Centre Suite (with beverages) for an Ice Dogs game, One-week rental in Nelson British Columbia, Home Décor, Sports Tickets, Weekend Cottage Rental on Lake Erie
- In 2018, the Reach Out Centre food bank distributed 172,148 pounds of food to those in need
- 7, 753 plates were served through our kitchen in 2018
- We were able to distribute 1,648 school lunch kits (8,240 lunches) between September 2018-June 2019
For more information about Port Cares or the Dinner and Auction, please call Shelby at 905-834-3629 x 245.