Date of Issue: March 13, 2020 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Port Colborne, ON.: Effective Monday, March 16th at 8:30 a.m. Port Cares in compliance with direction from the Region of Niagara’s Childrens’ Services Department will be closing its six EarlyON Centres located across the region. The EarlyON centre closures are for public safety purposes in response to the emerging COVID 19 outbreak conditions. EarlyON Child and Family Centres provide free, high-quality drop-in programs for children from birth to six years of age, their parents and caregivers.
“We are taking these measures to assist in maintaining the well being and safety of the children, parents and caregivers we serve as well as our staff and volunteers and the community. As the COVID 19 situation is fluid, Port Cares will continue to work in partnership with the Region to respond and institute further measures as appropriate,” says Christine Clark Lafleur, Executive Director.
Port Cares operates EarlyON Centres at the following locations:
- EarlyON Port Colborne – 92 Charlotte Street, Port Colborne
- EarlyON Welland – Seaway Mall, 800 Niagara Street, Welland
- EarlyON Pelham – Old Town Hall 491 Canboro Road, Fenwick
- EarlyON Lincoln – Providence Christian Reformed Church, 4845 King Street, Beamsville
- EarlyON West Lincoln — Smithville United Church 116 West Street Smithville
- EarlyON Fort Erie — St George Catholic Elementary School 3800 Wellington Rd Crystal Beach