Effective immediately, the following service changes have been implemented for public safety purposes at Port Cares and the Reach Out Centre in response to the emerging COVID 19 outbreak conditions.
- Reach Out Centre Dining Hall is CLOSED until further notice which will be determined once the COVID 19 outbreak is over. Pre-packaged take out nutritious meals will be provided to registered clients. Clients can come to pick up meals on Mondays between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., Wednesdays between 12 noon to 1 p.m. and Thursdays between 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. We are continuing to support those in need with food however for public safety reasons we will not be hosting community meals in the dining hall.
- Food Bank will continue to operate at regular schedule HOWEVER we are instituting SOCIAL DISTANCING practices – a maximum of three clients at a time will be permitted in the waiting room.
- Soupfest which was scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020 has been postponed until further notice.
- Hand Sanitization Stations and products are in place at all Port Cares service sites – everyone entering our buildings MUST sanitize their hands upon entry.
- Health Canada instruction posters about symptoms and practices have been posted across all sites to provide staff, clients, volunteers and visitors with authorized COVID 19 information.
“We are taking these measures to assist in maintaining the well being and safety of the people we serve, our staff and volunteers and our community. As the COVID 19 situation is fluid, Port Cares will continue to respond and institute further measures as appropriate,” says Christine Clark Lafleur, Executive Director.
“We do expect that there will be an increased need for food to support those in need as the COVID 19 outbreak continues. We will continue to gratefully accept donations of food and funds to help alleviate the impact on individuals and families in our local community.”
All other services remain as normal at this time.