Tuesday, March 17, 2020
This morning the Province of Ontario declared a State of Emergency due to COVID 19. As a result there are new and additional measures in place.
PLEASE NOTE ***For all employees and volunteers PLEASE NOTE THAT if you are experiencing fever, have a cough and or difficulty breathing we ask that you stay home and contact your manager to advise them of your illness.
Port Cares continues to take immediate actions. We are moving to cancel or modify all non-essential services.
- Effective NOON today – all INCOME TAX CLINIC appointments scheduled this week at 92 Charlotte are CANCELLED. Appointments will be rescheduled at a future time.
- Effective TOMORROW at 11 a.m. through to outbreak all clear – Food Bank clients will be provided with pre-packed groceries. The Food Bank store will be closed for client shopping and clients presenting at the Reach Out Centre Food Bank will receive their pre-packed groceries at the entry door once they have sanitized.
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY Niagara College has cancelled its student placements – we will no longer have this vital assistance at the ROC.
- All Employment Ontario Services – Employment Services, LBS, Youth Job Connection and YJC Summer along with services for employers are AVAILABLE over the telephone or online. We will not be providing in person services until instructed otherwise.
- Restricting Entry to non-essential services – the main lobby computers at 92 Charlotte have been taken out of service until further notice. This decision has been made to eliminate non-essential visitor traffic.
We will continue to keep you informed,
Christine Clark Lafleur