We continue to stay abreast of COVID 19 developments as they evolve. Port Cares remains in step with public health directives– and in many cases ahead of mandatory practices being implemented.
AGAIN PLEASE NOTE *For all employees and volunteers PLEASE NOTE THAT if you are experiencing a fever, have a cough and or difficulty breathing we ask that you stay home and contact your manager to advise them of your illness.
We are operating at reduced capacity and earlier this week we cancelled all non-essential services. Here is what’s new today …
- Appointments for individual income tax filings are cancelled along with the Income Tax Clinic – all individual appointments will resume at future notice;
- 92 Charlotte is open for ESSENTIAL SERVICES ONLY — defined as TRUSTEESHIP and HOMELESS SERVICES;
- A crew from our EarlyON team is continuing to travel across our EarlyON sites which have been closed to the public since Monday at 830 a.m. The team is conducting a deep clean, inventory and re-organizing all of our EarlyON sites
- Terminal cleaning has commenced at the 92 Charlotte site – focussed on high traffic areas – specifically Main lobby and Main Hallway – once these areas are completed Terminal cleaning will then commence at the Reach Out Centre- focussed on the Member door entry and dining room entry door areas.
- Effective immediately all travel between 92 Charlotte and the Reach Out Centre is RESTRICTED – only those staff who have the approval of the Executive Director will be permitted to travel between these to sites. This is vital to preventing community spread over the course of the next few weeks.
Stay well everyone and thank you for keeping your chins up in these unprecedented times.
Christine Clark Lafleur